From:
Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:16:59 -0900
>I'm a ferretowner from Sweden and I want to know, how do americans keep
>their ferrets?  As far as I understand, you seem to keep them in cages,
>or..?

When we first got our two ferrets, we kept them in a large dog cage which
we bought cheap at a garage sale.  When we were home, the ferrets froliced
around our cabin and got into much trouble.  Then, we moved.

Now we live in a house and we have a puppy who uses the dog cage.  Patch
and Lily live in our bathroom/toilet room/walk-in closet area of the
"master bedroom." During the mornings, they frolic about the bedroom and
get into much trouble.  Occassionally we let them frolic about the rest of
the house, but Miss Lily tries too hard to kill our poor cats.  And, of
course, the poor 30-lb puppy gets pretty terrified of the 2 lb ferret.

Hope that helps you understand us U.S. ferret owners.

Deb Adams