From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 13:20:10 -0500
Latisha Clouse and Paul Kaelin wrote:
>I just have a few questions that I would like answered, and don't want to
>start a controversial fight.  Ruby's Fur Farm?  Has anyone ever heard of
>it?  Can anyone tell me about them.  I know that they are in Iowa

I can find no mention of them at
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/ac/lists/lista.pdf so they may not be USDA
licensed or inspected for even minimal health and safety standards
for the animals.

Fur fitch tend to have been selected and raised for coat presentation at
a young age when they are then killed, rather than for health, longevity,
or personality.  Also, the fur farm may have mink which would increase the
probability of some health problems like ADV which you don't want to bring
home.

Moved Seven into a cage where Scooter can see her and his runs stopped;
we'd thought it likely was tension -- just fit so tightly for his
personality, the timing, and the situation.  We already knew that we
weren't dealing with some new contagion.

Sherman was playing tube-tube with another ferret.  He can't fit in the
tube since he's too bulky a tank but he likes to wait at the end and play
"funny-furious face" with whoever is in the tube.  JUST NOW he invented a
new game!  When another ferret get in the tube he pushes the tube around
and rolls it with the other ferret inside!  It's hilarious.  Jumpstart
thought it was funny so he immediately tried it afterwards.  Have never
seen one do that before in all these years though we humans have done it.