From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:09:51 -0800
I found out today that my sweetest little girl, Claudette, who is almost
eight, has lymphoma (definite diagnosis by spleen and lymph node biopsy)
and also diabetes (possibly due to metastisis to the pancreas.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?  If so, please let me know what you
did.  Pred.  is usually given for lymphoma, but out due to the diabetes.
One of her vets has a call in to a vet oncologist.

She was on pred. and due to high blood sugar (last blood test was 280,
down from 676) and ketones we're weaning her off.  Insulin is in high
consideration of course, but is dangerous while weaning from pred., so
we're watching ketones closely.  Chemo is not in my mind unless there is
something that will help but not totally wipe out her blood..  She is weak
and getting thin.  I realize there is little to no hope but thought I'd ask
if anyone has been in a similar case and, if so, if anything helped.  She's
on Baytril, getting oral vitamins K and pet tinic (B), and of course
getting sub-q fluids.  She's still getting around and interested in things,
but is very doddery and needs a lift at the tummy most of the time so as
not to fall.  Bruising, i.e. clotting, is a big problem.  She went downhill
quickly beginning last Wednesday.  I have had little to no sleep caring
for her as it is quite intensive.  I'm nearly brain dead along with being
devastated, as she is very close to me.  She has a little daughter, Minnie,
who was a runt and is now seven.  I am very sad to think of them parting
but, hopefully, not forever.  They are both beautiful albinos, Claudette
very, very elegant.  She was my late Tarzan's love.

Thank you.
Lynn