Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 11:16:41 -0500
I am asking ALL NH ferret loving residents to help protect our ferrets.

Oppose the bill on the grounds that it is unconstitutional by violating the
Interstate commerce act.  ( It protects sale of dogs and cats at younger
age-- not ferrets)  Make no mistake that this bill is the first step
towards bans on ALL animals.

It is imperative we work to support dog & cat folks IF we want them to help
us with ferret protection laws- Inside scudder is that the pet shop folks
are working against us-- + loss of commerce to state -- so they will win
this round... BUT remember to be Be vocal in your support of the dog and
cat people right now!  .  Basically, if you help them they will help you
more legislation will follow!

I realize this is a reversal of the initial approach but ferrets won't win
if they don't oppose HB 438.

Please everyone OPPOSE this bill as it is presented!  Write, fax phone it
will help us -- next time around the table!  Pass this information on to
other ferret owners-- we need everyone's help on this one!

Alicia

re:This notice is to bring to your attention the fact that a new bill has
been proposed for pet shop sales / breeding of cats & dogs in NH.  AS the
bill reads it OMITS the protections to companion ferrets.  NOW IS THE TIME
for ALL of us to raise this issue with the bill sponsors and all involved
with the passage of this bill.  See the attached document -- We need
ferrets to be included as not to be sold until 8 weeks of age!!!  They are
no less a pet worth the consideration as a puppy or kitten!  Please help
defeat this amendment and contact the listed representatives so we can
provide equal protection under NH law to the domesticated ferret -- also
a companion animal!  '

A complete Word attachment will be forwarded to all who request it-- line
allowance does nor allow me to forward entire proposed bill as post!

PLEASE-- PLEASE-- this is the beginning of new protection for ferrets in
NH-- help by opposing the bill as presented write, fax etc the sponsors &
reps!

Alicia

the proposed bill reads: HB 438-FN - AS INTRODUCED
2001 SESSION
01-0426
08/09
HOUSE BILL 438-FN
AN ACT relative to the sale of dogs and cats.
SPONSORS: Rep. Corbin, Rock 9; Rep. Dionne, Hills 1
COMMITTEE: Executive Departments and Administration
ANALYSIS
This bill allows only licensed breeders to offer dogs or cats for sale.
Licensed breeders are those licensed for a fee by the department of
agriculture, markets, and food after passing an exam administered by a
licensed veterinarian.

This bill also provides for a penalty.