From:
Jerusalem Biblical Zoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:54:32 +0200
Hi All - We had our first known vaccine reaction here in Israel last week.
The only vaccine we have here is Novibic Puppy DP which is used in the UK
and Scandinavia.  The poor vet (new grad) had called me and asked the
protocols for vaccinations and so gave her the directions, emphasizing,
keep animal in the clinic for 30 minutes or so, just in case, although have
never seen reaction etc.  Duh, famous last words.  45 minutes late the poor
gal is on the phone - and ferret is having a typical reaction - "What do I
do now....?"

Gave her the treatment and in the end all was well, but scary!  Just goes
to show you, never underestimate the power of a ferret to toss a wrench
into smoothly running routine. <sigh>

Oh, adding a comment to the tattoo thread - I have always wanted one, but
figured was to old, to fat, to whatever, but my next birthday is the big
5 - 0.  So, I am getting me a tattoo, to be formally displayed at my Crone
Party.  I have a to make up my mind just what I'm gonna get (and where),
but sooo excited.  Uh, question, how long to they take to heal?  I want it
to be nice for the "unveiling".  Have a good week!!

Bev from Jerusalem

Beverly Burge
Section Head - Hospital/Quarantine
Medical Registrar

Tisch Family Zoological Gardens in Jerusalem
Fax: 972-2-642-1655
Phone: 972-2-675-0140