From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 09:03:28 -0800
That was the Cascade Ferret Network that made the news on Super Bowl Sunday
(and again the next morning).  The segment was about three minutes long and
did indeed show a lot of very cute and active ferrets bouncing about with
one another and having fun.  My favorite clip was when Karl the ferret kept
coming up to Elayne and trying to take her attention away from the camera,
which of course he did.

The reporters from Channel 8 (our local NBC affiliate) came out for
the CFN open house a little over a week ago and spent more than an hour
interviewing Elayne and filming ferrets in action.  Two other stations
dropped by (Fox and CBS) and ran shorter segments that same day.

The press coverage has worked out great, and the CFN has had a lot of calls
since then asking about ferret adoptions or volunteer opportunities or
other aid.  The Oregonian plans to come out this spring for an in depth
story as well.

Leonard Bottleman               [log in to unmask]
http://www.cascade-ferret.org   http://www.whiteweasel.net