From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:16:42 -0500
Sherman is finally fully integrated into the business.  He even lets
Glueball play with his tiny stub tail.  (Given that he associated serious
pain with that due to the gangrene and all, Steve and I would give him
treats while lightly touching it once it was healed then increased the
touch till he knew that the tail area does not always mean pain, then
we worked the touch into play.) We knew he was going to be a hard
introduction, but that's fine since it's worth it in the long run.
Little guy still looks like bear cub running around and is so chunky but
active...

As for the rest: as soon as Scooter is back in with the rest (possibly
today, if that last section of still-scabbed belly yesterday is closed now,
since he initiated very active play with vertical leaps for the first time
yesterday and it's been almost 2 weeks since surgery) we can get around to
scheduling Seven's adrenal surgery soon, and Jumper and Scooter have blood
tests this coming Saturday which will tell us if Jumper has an adrenal that
is kicking up or if he's just one who gets thinner general fur with age as
we have seen once before, and will say if Scooter's liver is returning to
normal post-surgically.  Warp has us worried -- more of her usual -- with
her friable small intestinal damage symptoms showing again and her being
so very skinny but those are decreasing so maybe she won't rip again if
we are all lucky.  Rest are all well.

Oh, Sherman is a somewhat big boy with thick skin and when Seven gets too
nasty recently he just SITS on her and stays there.  Works marvelously!