From:
"Bill Gruber, FML moderator" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 01:04:29 EST
A week or so ago someone posted a question about Kista Ferrets.  Looks
like something was posted on another list which questioned Kista's shelter
operations and the FML poster wanted some clarification.

Dozens of posts supporting Kista flooded the FML.  (Please, I think we've
all read enough now -- let's end those posts.)

Now someone seems to be questioning a breeder, again, perhaps on another
list, with a request for clarification being posted here.

Now I don't have a problem with these posts asking for clarification, but
the pattern disturbs me: it almost seems like someone is trying to cause
a bit of trouble.

The fact is, I don't try to verify evey allegation that gets posted on
the FML.  The readers can do that better than I can.  I *do* often ask
for more information from people posting rather odd allegations and often
never get a response back, so the post doesn't make it into the FML.

I would like to be a little careful for a while to be sure there isn't
someone playing games by trying to cause random shelters as much trouble
as passible for no apparent reason.

So...

1) If you wish to respond to allegations, please do so factually and
   with first-hand information.
2) If you wish to complain, please state facts to back your claims.
3) I will no longer accept anonymous posts sent by non-subscribers except
   in rare cases where I feel it is justifed due to imminent danger etc.

I hope we can continue to support all things ferret as we all have done
over the years and not be thrown off course by unsupported allegations.

Thanks,
Bill