From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:35:02 -0500
Sigh...

It has been mentioned many times by many people that an exceedingly few
people have over and over again tried here and on other lists to cause
difficulties for certain individuals and have used multiple identities to
do so.

Among the victims of such attacks are Kim and the KiSta shelter.

The bad thing is that those attacks are downright annoying, the good
things are that:
1. anyone can go see the shelter and learn what is false and what is true,
2. such attacks have happened so very often with notable people decrying
them that everyone who has been here for a long time takes them with a
grain of salt.

Now, I haven't seen Kim's shelter myself, but the attacks I've encountered
have been from people/names/addresses I don't know from squat and from one
known person who has a tendency to become extremely excited about things
before checking them, while the praises for Kim and KiSta have been from
known good and experienced people (shelter keepers and so on) who I respect
and admire.  The upshot is that I can't make a final conclusion but my
inclination is strongly to go with those who I know have experience, are
reputable, and who I admire.

When considering material it pays to consider the source as well.