From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:17:33 -0500
I had found more blood in Sammy's poop last night & this morning, so off
he went to see Dr.Murphy this afternoon.  Dr. Murphy said they had done
everything they could do to treat him so now the only thing to do was
operate & try to find out what was causing the blood.

He called us before we got back home & said that he found a tumor the
size of a grape in his intestines.  And near that site the intestine had
ruptured & that was where the blood was coming from.  Also right where the
tumor was the intestine had looped over on itself.  He removed the tumor &
it will be sent off to a pathologist to find out what kind of cancer it is.
He also straightened everything out & did microsurgery to stitch the
intestine back up.

I received a call from Dr. Murphy tonight telling me that Sammy had been
awake awhile & was alert.  He isn't exactly out of the woods yet, we have
to see how well everything works. *s*  But I am so vastly relieved that we
know what was wrong & it was fixed.  I have spent most of today crying over
Sammy & have been worried sick.  Thank God Sammy was fat, (his nick name
was Many Bellies), because if hadn't have been with all the weight he lost
he'd be almost gone.

I thank everyone who has been praying for him ever so much.  Thank you.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels