From:
Tammy Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 03:11:02 -0600
Leila wrote:
>ps: do you know what it is like in a living room with FOUR 12 year old
>    boys and TWO male fixed ferrets and nintendo on????????????

Not with 4 12 year old boys, but how about a husband, son (aged 5), a
tom/fer-cat, a male canine and 2 male ferts?  My poor little Princess
PeaPie & I are TOTALLY out numbered in testosterone!

Kim wrote:
>we're not smelling our best (unless you like the smell of cat urine and
>underarm, which is the closest thing I can compare hob smell with, for
>those of you who haven't had the pleasure).  It was a bit of a joke at
>the post office, while we were mailing our Ebay packages... "scratch &
>sniff"....you pick the stain in either of our sweatshirts, and try to
>figure out what it is.  Hob slime?  poo?  regular old ferret stink?
>Whatever, the combined bouquet was powerful...

Kim, for one you are a saint, and Anne too!  I had a brain spasm when I
thought about these lines later: Let's bottle it!  LOL I can see the ad
campaign now: "Ode de Fert: The discriminating ferret owner's scent." Or
something along those lines anyhow!  (OkOk, I know it's not THAT funny,
but it got me.  I have a low giggle tolerance!)

On to other matters.  Does anyone know if caramel popcorn will hurt a
ferret?  The story behind that question leads me to the Christmas present
we get every year from my husband's brother & wife: a tin of 3 flavor
popcorn.  I was sitting there, reading a book and enjoying my bowl of
caramel popcorn--minding my own hooman business--when this little cinnamon
colored fert head peeks over the edge of the bowl.  In less time than it
took to think about it, Lightning had grabbed the lip of the bowl and taken
off across the room!  I was in one of my contorted positions and couldn't
get up to go after him so I yell at my husband.  He comes running, thinking
I was losing my mind I'm laughing so hard.  Then he steps on the first
couple of popcorn kernels.  While I'm sitting there helplessly giggling,
he rounds up the thief (which he drops in my lap) and the popcorn (which
goes in the trash).  Anyhoo, Lightning did manage to scarf down a couple
of pieces before they all got picked up.  He thought it was great, but
I'm worried that it might cause some problems (runs, high blood sugar, &
my imagination goes on...)

Dooks and hugs to all fuzzies and humans, hope your Yuletide season was
wonderful!

Tammy & the Crew
Pea Pie, Thunder, Lightning, Baby the furcat, and Ramses the (somewhat)
ignored canine...
"Trying to explain ferret math to a non-ferret owner is like trying to
explain physics to a 3 year old."