Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:20:23 -0500
From:
"Lisa P." <[log in to unmask]>
Dooks to all,

Recently I was in Petco and a booth was set up for Nutro brand dog and
cat food.  What interested me in this product was that it was naturally
preserved, no chicken by-products and no ground corn.

After reading the ingredients (kitten formula) and checking out the
Guaranteed Analysis I decided to try it out on my fuzzies.  Well, 4 out
of 4 fuzzies loved it!

I mixed it with their regular food (Totally Ferret, ZuPreem, and The Ferret
Store food) but was wondering if this food would be considered acceptable
for ferrets.  I know cat food is made for cats, and ferret food for
ferrets, but I like testing them every now and then to see how receptive
they are to new foods.  So far when it comes to kibble, they're not picky.
Mushy food is another story (unless it's peanut butter!).

I'd appreciate everyone's opinion.  Here are the contents:

The Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (Min.) - 34%
Crude Fat (Min.) - 20.0%
Crude Fiber (Max.) - 3.0%
Moisture (Max.) - 10.0%
Ash (Max.) - 7.0%
Linoleic Acid (Min.) - 3.5%
Zinc (Min.) - 210 mg/kg
Taurine (Min.) - 0.16%

Ingredients:

Chicken Meal, Ground Rice, Wheat Flour, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry Fat
(preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Rice
Bran, Lamb Meal, Natural Flavors, Ground Whote Wheat, Dried Egg Product,
Brewers Dried Yeast, Monosodium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Salt,
Taurine, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Cobalt Carbonate,
Choline Chloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E
Supplement, Niacini, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement (source
of Vitamin B2), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Pyridoxine
Shdrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Folic Acid, Biotin, Inositol,
Potassium Iodide, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

*****
Lisa and the 4 fuzzies
Sunshine, Stretch, Snow White, and Ashley