Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 19:45:17 -0500
From:
I have a 71/2 yr. old girl named Tish who recently went in for surgery to
remove a tumor on her left rear hindquarter lymph node.  I got the results
of the biopsy today and the vet said that it came back as being a skin
lymphoma.  He said that we just need to watch for other enlarged lymph
nodes and remove them (she already has two under her chin and possibly her
right hindquarter too) when they are found.  I'm not sure if he means the
lymph node itself or if it just means that they may be tumors also.  He
also said that this type of lymphoma has a much better outlook than the
classic lymphosarcoma and that prednisolone should be pretty effective.
Looking for info.  on this I found only things relating to skin tumors with
the possibility of lymph nodes being involved but she does not have any
skin tumors that I can find.  Also, that info.  was only about a paragraph
long and not very in depth.  Does anyone else have more information or any
experiences with this lymphoma?  I would appreciate it.  The thought of
putting her through more surgeries, especially on her face, is making me
nervous and I'm wondering what other sorts of treatments we should
investigate.  By the way, she is showing no symptoms of lymphoma aside
from the enlarged lymph nodes.

Thank you,
Michelle