Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 22:42:25 -0600
From:
Linda Decelles <[log in to unmask]>
Sandee:
There is a very special ferret, named" Handsome" that needs to be welcomed
to the Rainbow Bridge, shown around and helped to find his friend "Baby
Decelles", who passed over the Rainbow Bridge on June 26, 2000.   Handsome
loves stuffed toys, The girls and needs a good meal (he hasn't eaten much
and lost 3 lbs very recently).

We had the special luck to care for him for the last 10 months.  He was a
shelter ferret - former breeder ferret that was turned into a shelter.  For
one period at a shelter (for about a year) he had a bad time of it - not
mistreated, just not given love, care, attention, and an herb/suppliment
that he needed.  Handsome was diagnosed over 3-4 years ago with
Cardiomyopathy and at the time was given 6 mos. or less to live.  He defied
the odds.  When he came to our house he was overjoyed.  He was on the heavy
side (4.5 lbs), but it didn't faze him.  He followed the girls around,
dooking all the time.  He loves stuffed animals, especially large ones.  He
would hide them under the couch or in "His" hammock and then go follow the
girls.  He was so full of life - would play with toys grasp in his paws and
roll over and over across the floor.  He would follow the girls and try to
jump over obstacles that they cleared with ease.  After getting half over
and landing on his belly, he would pretend it didn't happen, lift his back
side over the object and try to catch up to the girls.  He made us laugh
and filled our house with joy.   His health problems and age finally caught
up with him a couple weeks ago and tonight we had to make the painful (for
us) decision to have him helped out of his suffering.

Goodbye, Handsome.  @->--
Our hearts and those of others who knew and loved you (especially Julie T.
and Linda S.) are heavy and tears are being shed for you tonight, but our
lives are much richer for having had you to share our house and love with.
You will be missed.  : (

Linda