Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:52:31 -0800
From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
I have seen some posts on this in the past few days.  As someone else
mentioned, the best way to get "connected" is to do something like attend a
FA meeting if possible, where you can meet other ferret owners in person-
or try to meet some people involved in legalization efforts.  Another
organization that might provide you with links beyond Ferrets Anonymous
The CA Domestic Ferret Association.  A contact name and number are on the
web site (web site is not updated these days, but the contact information
is correct).  Write to her and explain who you are and what your interests
are.  As someone else here mentioned, by law, the few shelters that operate
legally in CA CANNOT adopt to Californians.  If there are any that would
adopt to you, you must understand that if anyone knows about them, they
won't just freely send you information on them, because that would
jeapordize their existence.  Therefore, you need to establish a
relationship with them first (this won't necessarily take a long time,
but understand that they need to determine who you are and what your
intentions are).  Feel free to email me directly if you want.

Jaime