Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:27:07 -0900
From:
Diana Ashton <[log in to unmask]>
I was contacted by a ferret owner today and she is having trouble with her
1 year old ferret Abby.  She called me on Jan 6th scared because Abby was
not walking but getting around by dragging her hind legs.  It was late at
night and they could not afford a trip to the emergency vet.  I told her
to come over and bring Abby so that I could look at her.  I immediately
suspected the beginning of an insulinoma and when she got here she was
doing all the things that my own insulinomic ferrets do.  I rubbed karo on
her gums and gave her a ml of pred.  I sent them home with some pred and
told them to take her to the vet for a BG test .  Abby went to the vet on
the 7th and was there Till the 11th. the vet could not really say what was
wrong with her.  She suspected some sort of UT infection that went into the
blood stream.  Abby was back to her old self for about a month and then
tonight she is starting again with the hind end not moving well at all
bot her front end is fine.  After spending over 400.00 6 weeks ago and
really getting no definitive answer she is hesitant about going back.  I
encouraged her to schedule at least a consult with one of my vets at Aurora
and take Abby's records with her and see if they could decipher them better
than I.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  I have a feeling that Abby and
the ferret that she adopted from me will be surrendered so then it will be
me dealing with Abby's diagnosis.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.  I
already have 4 waiting for surgery for adrenal.

Thanks,
Diana and The Ferret Farm