Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:43:18 EST
From:
My deepest condolences to Kim for the sadness-the abysmal let down- the
criminal justice system has provided.  Having worked for years with
indigent women and children, I have spent my fair time in court, and worked
with the DEA, local police, State Police, and FBI.  My personal experiences
were similar to Kims.  Only the lives of abused children, attempted murder,
and kidnapping were some of the issues I was dealing with.  One child was
most likely murdered.  Six others were.

The best thing to do is find out how to avoid the same mistakes again-and
discover what they are.  Sukie wrote so beautifully on this subject.  I do
not think the leopard will change it's spots.  You may need to be the one
who has to tell officials what can and cannot be done.  The ignorance in
the "system" was rampant here.  But I was also dealing with an entirely
corrupt police force-according to people who had been on the force and
were now with the FBI.

Please don't give up, Kim.  At least all of us know about this accursed
"shelter."  There cannot be a one of us that has not been moved by the
tragedy.

Lisette