Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 17:20:08 -0800
From:
Shannon Crum <[log in to unmask]>
Hi, all:

Fuzzie hugs to all sick fuzzies and my condolences for all angeled fuzzie
parents.

I found some sad news for Sonny today.  He has developed a heart condition.
It started out as an allergy to something that caused bronchial congestion
and esophogeal dilation.  I think that means that he was congested and his
throat has swollen.  This makes sense, as the first symptom I noticed was
shortness of breath.  He also has Arhythmea (sp?), which is an irregular
heartbeat.  Dr. Debbie listened to his heart and he doesn't have a heart
murmur that registers with her stethascope, only a skipping heartbeat.

We got a chest X-Ray today and the left side of his heart is twice its
normal size.  Dr. Debbie says that the problem may be fixable.  If we can
find out what he's allergic to, and get rid of it, the damage may be
reversible.  She offered some alternatives.  If the swelling doesn't go
down, and he develops more complications, she'll take an EKG of his heart.
We can try Prednisone syrup.  I guess it's supposed to help with whatever's
wrong with him.

What kind of dosage and price are we talking about here?  I have heard lots
of people stating that their kids have to take Pred daily and it really
adds up, pricewise.  If the condition worsens and I can't afford the Pred,
how long will Sonny have to live a natural life?  Anyone have any advice to
offer?  Please e-mail me.  Thanks,

Shannon and the Cyberfuzzie Furbrats!
 Bailey, Sebastian, Molly, Felicia & Sonny.
http://www.geocities.com/cyberfuzzie