Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:32:32 EST
From:
Candice Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Sadie Churchill said:
>Sorry if someone already mentioned this but a former coworker of mine told
>me that Superglue (TM) was originally developed earlier this century by
>the US military for use as a quick way to suture wounds in the battlefield
>until the soldier could be sent to the field hospital...
>Sadie the Super Wheezie!"

We use a sterile version in the ER, and my vet does too.  We need one of
the Vets to tell us whether it's safe to substitute super glue at home.
I would use it on myself for a superficial wound, but would hesitate to
use it on a ferret without veterinary OK.  My guess is that any wound
superficial enough to treat at home would probably heal OK by itself
without the glue.  As for a surgical wound with premature suture removal
by the patient, I would like to see what the Vets say.

cb