Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:38:28 -0600
From:
Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
We had a four year old spayed female come into the shelter who was on .6 cc
of Prelone syrup (5 mg/5 ml) twice a day for insulinoma.  The person who
gave her up said her vet had never discussed the possibility of surgery
with her.  This ferret would crash if she didn't get her prednisone doses
every 12 hours.  So we scheduled surgery, and the vet says that her
pancreas looked absolutely normal!  No tumors to be seen.  Her liver was
very pale and fatty, which he didn't like, and he went ahead and took a
piece of the pancreas.  She is being very slow in recovering, but seems
to be doing better.  Any ideas or suggestions?  We're not sure whether we
should continue the prednisone, or whether her blood sugar will be more
stable now.

Sara Petersen
FURRY