Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 03:59:18 -0500
From:
Christopher Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Melissa Drake wrote,
>He probably had some unscrupulous breeder telling him about these 'special
>breeds' and how much more they were worth.  Just like the breeders who say
>they have all the colours of the rainbow, or that their ferrets are part
>mink or ermine, or that they have show quality kits.  Or the ones who
>used to sell 'Punmpkin Coloured' ferrets that were actually albinos with
>a terrible diet.

You've touched on a small concern of mine.  Angel came home at 11 weeks as
a snowwhite neutered male.  His first two weeks he ate Kaytee Fiesta and
smelled pretty bad, we found Sheppard & Greene, no odor and he started to
yellow.  Now he is pretty much french vanilla colored there is some orange
color to his undercoat that makes him look off white.  He's 20 weeks old.
He is currently on S&G and Zupreem and Totally Ferret, the odor hasn't
returned though the zupreem does seem to make for a looser stool.  I can't
imagine there is anything he needs he isn't getting on this diet.  Is the
yellowing necessarily a bad diet?  The rusty undercoat is darkest where a
sable would be darkest the front legs and across the haunches, lighter in
the saddle.  It doesn't wash off and it doesn't appear that he pees on
himself.  Any ideas?  If it's a natural coloration I'm fine with that, he's
beautiful.  If I'm not providing something he needs I'm not fine with
that.... suggestions?

Christopher & Crew