Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:13:03 -0500
From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
I don't know Kim well at all, only know her from her postings, but like &
respect her.

I am not sure but believe she has tattoos & piercing.  But so what?  I
wasn't aware it was against any laws.  I don't really know what she looks
like & don't care.  I can't say I absolutely know what she does, but I read
what she does & admire her for it.  As I admire so many of the shelter
operators.  I have no idea how they do it.  I mean it isn't only the
expenses involved, the food, litter, vet bills, medication, cages, toys,
bedding.  And it isn't even all the cleaning they have to do.  It is what
they go through emotionally day in & day out that I so admire them for.
Nursing babies that are someone else's throw away's.  Giving them precious
unconditional love, picking up the pieces so to speak.  Giving many of the
little ones the love & encouragement to live.  The absolute heartbreak when
they pass away.

I know I couldn't do it.  I'd have to harden my heart & numb my mind just
to keep at it day after day & then what would that make me?  I am still
having a hard time emotionally getting over losing Dakota, Samantha & Sammy
so close together.

Like Troy Lynn puts so much of her own energy into the sick & dying ones,
I think it would kill me.  When she has to nurse one or more that ends up
slipping away she is wiped out.  Sue Thomas is another one who has a very
small income & goes without for the ferrets.  Margie also gives her all &
more.  There are many shelter moms & pops that have hard times & do without
so the ferrets can be taken care of.  Many are single folks who only have
one income.

The rewards they get are to see the little ones who have no idea how to be
ferrets, be ferrets.  To see them bounce back from sickness.  To see joy &
trust come back into eyes that had forgotten what it was.  To find them new
moms & pops that will treasure them like they are meant to be treasured.

I have not been on the FML as long as a lot of others, but it seems that
every now & then Kim/Kista gets bashed about something.  I can't say I have
seen other shelters/operators go through the same thing time & again.  What
the heck does Kim do to deserve this?

These people, including Kim are angels sent here to do this.  Angels or
saints, they have to be, it isn't something that mere humans can do day in,
day out.

Anyhow I am glad to see people stick up for Kim.  I know when she wrote me
about Samantha & Sammy, she gave me her phone number to call her if I ever
needed to talk.  That was probably the first exchange we ever had & she
most certainly didn't have to extend herself that way.  I mean she had to
be very busy & not have much free time, especially when she was in the
midst of the Christmas Rescue Mess & yet here she was giving me her phone
number in case I needed a shoulder to lean on.  I hope to meet her someday
& give her a hug from everyone at Clan War Weasel.  I won't be looking at
her outward look, which I understand someone said can put people off.  I'm
only going to see her heart.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels