Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:03:44 -0500
From:
steve austin <[log in to unmask]>
Well, I hate to post this to the FML.  Right before the X-mas rescue here
in NJ- I found out there were 4 ferrets at a local Humane Society needing
a home- they can't keep them, and it was Christmas after all.

I took them in, bathed them, they went to the vet for their rabies and
distemper shots, and just had the booster shots this week.  They were
either abandoned or surrendered to the Humane society and little or no
information was available.

Of the 4 one little girl is going to have to go to a person willing to
invest in her future- or I will have to bring her to a vet for possible
surgery, and find her a home later.

The other 3 are well,
- a sable male with a crooked tooth- named Dino about 3-4yrs , had 2 skin
  lesions removed and is healing well.  He must have had junk food in his
  former life because he stole my cookie from me the first night in my
  house!

- A sable female- about 1.5 years old, playful, a little nippy when
  excited, gets along well with the other 3, but is afraid of one of the
  females in my crew, so has separate play times

- A sable male about 2yrs old with a bib- rolly, polly, soft and sweet-
  loves to hide under the bed and grab my feet, or run from me as a game.
  They can go together or separate.  I wish I could keep them, but my
  house is literally being over run by ferrets.

I would like to get back the cost of their shots-would help so I can pay
for the other ones vet bills.  I tried to do this without the FML's help,
but I had to deal with so many jerks, and am nervous about who they go to.
The FML seems safer to me- but I am still going to screen perspective
adoptees.

Thank you,
Patty  in NJ- I can travel to meet someone if needed.

p.s. I have a much better understanding and respect for all those shelter
owners out there who do this every day- I don't know how you do it, it is
frustrating, emotionally upseting, financially difficult, and hard to
trust someone else with their care if they do get adopted.  Keep up the
good work!