Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:00:16 EST
From:
Sorry i haven't written sooner, i'll explain later on but i just wanted to
update everyone on Drag the paralized ferret.

He stopped urinating right before Christmas, his bladder was ready to burst
so Dr. K went in and to see if there was a blockage but only found his
bladder full of sludge like fluid that was blocking is uritha (sp).  we
tried to see if he would pee on his own but he blocked again, he was on
meds and they didn't help.  He also had to have his left adrenal removed.
so he had another surger where we put a marsupial pouch on his side with a
drainage tube comming out so we could manually empty his bladder.  Well at
Christmas i went to see him and asked if he could come home for X-mas, doc
was hesitant but i cried like a baby and said he hasd presents sent to him
and I miss him really bad.  so selfish me got to take him home with all
instructions to take care of him.  Everything was going good, so X-mas
morning my son goes to get drag to empty his bladder and give him his
presents and he had pulled the tube out, so i thought.  his body bandage
was soaked and i thought he ripped his bladder wall from where it was sewen
to his abdominal wall, which could have been fatal.  i call dr. k on xmas
morning freaking out, she said just bring him to my house, no problem, so
off we go, when we got there she said the tube was still in alittle but
she was going to check to see if he ripped his surgery open.  well luckly
for the Drag man he didn't.

so now as it stands he is still with her, i will not throw any more fits
about bringing him home till she says so, i learned a hard lesson.  i get
to visit him and he has never been a kissy ferret but now kissed me like
crazy when i visit him.  I thing he is saying he forgives my selfishness
at xmas time.

doc says he is a clown and doesn't realize he is hadicapped in any way, he
makes her laugh all the time.

The Wellingtons are building him a special cage of plexiglass so if he has
to have the tube put back in he can't catch it on a cage and rip it out.
we are still going to try to get a cart build and now my delemina is to
raise 85 dollars to go to the vet convention in feb so the cart people can
assess him and build one just for him.  My vet is attending so she will
give thm his medical history.

drag is truly a ferret hero in my eyes.  Drag and all the shelter ferrets
want to thank everyone who sent presents for them, i'll try to get to name
you all in the near future.  My son wasn't even sad that he had no presents
to open, but enjoyed helping the ferrets open theirs.

pearsonally, i'm still out of work and my company canceled my health ins,
so i no longer get a disability check as of this month and can't refill my
meds or see my doc, or go to my rehab for my arm.  Things are very dismall
right now but i have made a vow to the ferrets that i will continue to do
what i do no matter what.  i will sell all my treasures if that what it
takes.

Please keep the fuzzies in oyur prayers, i still have some needing surgery.
i'm of to the vets now with 5 ferrets and get to see my Drag baby.  I'll
give him kisses from the fml folks, any reason just to spend more time with
him, lol.

Take care and thank you to all,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter