From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:37:57 -0800
Just an update to all of you who so kindly want to help with the issue of
the babies being shipped and sold too young.  First, thanks to all who
have contacted me- It will be so much help when we get to that stage!!

Second, we can always use more people.  Currently, I am in contact with
Regina Hart of the American Ferret Association, on the direction to go with
this.  They are having a meeting on the 10th of Feb, by which time I will
have a very basic prliminary report ready on existing laws re shipping and
sale of babies.  If anyone has factual info that you can send me proof
with, please E-Mail me with it.

OK- so thats where we are right now.  AFA will let me know where they would
like to go next, at which point I will be contacting those of you willing
to help.  My guess would be that it will involve writing letters, calls,
possibly petitions, etc.

Once again, I am forming a state by state list of people, so if you are
able to help, and have not yet contacted me, please do, all and any help
will be greatly appreciated!!!

Gerri

PS- If anyone would like me to keep in touch with them about this beyond
this general forum, let me know.  G