From:
Robmary June <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:20:04 -0800
Hello everyone...

Well, we've lost our beloved Spawn.  I found him slumped and unresponsive
when I went home for lunch on Monday.  I cried my eyes out (still am), but
thanked him for letting me know it was time.  I just couldn't seem to give
up on him...

As the owner of Angel said (I'm sorry I can only remember your ferrets
name <g>) it's better to maybe pass along good memories than those of how
our ferrets pass.  We all have enough tears.

Spawn admittedly was not much for affection and play.  We received him at 4
1/2 after one adrenal surgery and on his way to his second (the vet found
his organs riddled with tiny tumors during the second).  He was a John
Wayne of a ferret.  Very little ruffled this guy... When our little sable
Freya was a little too feisty, he'd give her a good hiss, and then trundle
away.  When he got shots, he would just hang out, nail clippings... only
ear cleanings bugged him.  His favorite toys were our small area rug at
the back door - he'd scritch at it, roll in it, hide under it, bite at
it... and his Sheppard and Green and superpet tubes.  He wasn't much on
affection, but every once in a while he'd sleep on our chests and let us
pet him.  It always felt like a privilege.  My husband always called him
"The Fonz" cause he was "cooool".

So Sandee, greet the John Wayne of the ferret world, he loves ferretone
and 8in1 raisin banana treats.  See if there's a DEW named Odin there and
introduce them.  They never knew each other in this world, but were both
at points in their lives owned by my sister.  Give him our love, and tell
him we miss him terribly.

Mary & Robert
Furparents to Freya, Trinity, Artemis, and Strider.
Watched over by Spawn...