From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:39:41 EST
Melissa wrote:
>In regards to tattoos, piercings, wacky hair colors and anything else a
>person might choose to do to their own body, I have only two things to say.
>First, it has been my experience that those who would critisize you for
>your appearance, judge you by it, or otherwise catagorize you negatively
>for it, aren't worth worrying about or even paying attention to....

Okay, Okay.  I know I've "revealed" this before, but I also am tattooed and
pierced.  I have 9 tattoos, working on the 10th and 11th now.  Also looking
for a way to join the 3 tribal pieces on my calf so that it looks like one
big piece.  And I have a few piercings too, besides the 7 holes in my ears.
I won't get into those details, though.

Tattoos or lack of them doesn't make you a good person or a bad person.
Nor does it make you a good ferret mom/dad or a bad one.  In terms of Kim
at Kista, I haven't officially met her, but I hold her in the highest
esteem.  It's amazing how judgemental people can be.  I know bikers covered
from head to toe who would give you the shirt off their backs....or stop
traffic to move a turtle out of the road..... And I know some very clean
cut (inkless and piercingless) people who would stab their own mothers in
the back.

eeew, I hope my revealing these things about myself doesn't hurt the sales
of my book.  lololol.  Some people just don't realize how being judgemental
can often times hurt themselves more than anything else.

BTW, I've been asking and asking.............does ANYONE know where I can
find a tribal ferret for my next tattoo????

Kim Schilling and the Zoo
Author of Ferrets for Dummies
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764552597/o/qid=966092394/sr=8-1
/ref=aps_sr_b_1_1/104-3261518-8219960

Animals for Awareness a USDA non-profit, educational facility
http://www.animalsforawareness.org
"Protection through Education"
Dedicated to education and the rescue of exotic animals

Come join our list!