From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 06:31:01 -0500
Hi, and thanks for letting me join!  If anyone (preferably with veterinary
medicine experience!) can please answer me directly via email to the
following, I would appreciate it!

We're going Sunday AM (01/28) to get the next shot in our new fuzzy
Nicodemus's distemper series (he had his first one with the breeder), and
we're getting the shot at a vaccination clinic instead of at the vet's
office (she knows this and says that's fine; it also happens to be a lot
cheaper than the vet's office for this purpose).

I was smart enough to ask all kinds of ?? of our new vet so we'd be
well-informed about her office well before we'd need veterinary care (how
responsible of us!), and she mentioned that ferrets are highly prone to
reactions to the distemper vaccine.  She said that she usually administers
a little Benadryl PRIOR to giving the shot to help avoid a rxn, but with
all my ???  (which I wrote down all the answers to!), I can't believe I
forgot to ask her how much I should give him, how long before the vaccine
and how do I give it to him on my own!

She doesn't have office hours again till Mon, and the other ferret vet at
her office was in surgery all day and wasn't able to answer my voicemail
today.  I'm trying to avoid calling the emergency line to ask a ? like
that, so if anyone has sound medical advice about this, I'd appreciate it-
I need to know by Saturday night (I'm east coast).

Thanks for any help!

-April and Nicodemus

[Moderator's note: Due to time this post will come out I've sent her a
note already with suggestions.  BIG]