From:
"sherrie, ladyferret, the ferret queen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 02:09:44 -0000
Sandee,

Could you please look out for my sweet old Sylvi?  I had to help her cross
the Bridge this afternoon.  She was a black-eyed white with a little black
smudge on her nose.  She was around 10 years old as best as we could tell
(I've had her for over 3 years) and she'd been having problems for the last
couple months, but until today she still had that spark and zest to go on.
I woke up this morning to her wheezing and making little crying sounds like
a baby puppy or kitten, and every breath was making her body shake, she
didn't even want much to do with he Ferretone or Nutrical, and her nose was
so dry.  I took her to the vet and she went over before he was even done
with the injection (after sedation).  She looked so peaceful.  Sylvi
doesn't really know anyone over the Bridge, Sandee, so please show her
around.  Other than a rescue I took in too late to save (Natasha), Sylvi is
my first to go.  She likes ankles and elbows best; always tried to drag me
off by mine!  She was also very fond of my sponge mop; would try to steal
it too...so funny to see her dragging it across the kitchen!  Here come the
tears again...darn.

Thank you, Sandee, tell Sylvi I miss her and I did what I think she finally
wanted, to go to sleep quietly.  Dweezil, Loki and Razzle will miss her,
too, my little white hen, the little polar weasel, with the case of
Sylvi-itis Weasel-bite-us.

Sherrie
*the ferret queen*
missing Sylvi