From:
Joanne Brigham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:38:59 -0500
Well, you mentioned several times that you were ready to be flamed.  In
fact, you mentioned it so often that I suspect it's exactly what you want,
and that you consider any post disagreeing with you to be a flame.  But I
digress...

>If someone is that much against Kista, they must have good reason.

They "must have good reason"?  Does that mean that every troll who decides
to stalk someone "must have good reason" just because they act on their
feelings?  The strength of a protest doesn't make it "good", Crystal.  And,
conversely, if so very many people defend Kim, as they have, then *they*
must have good reason, too, don't you think?

>People that feel they should call their lawyer about every bad word said
>against them aren't worth the time of day.

And I guess you "must" be right because you say so?  If the mis-truths
about Kim damage her ability to obtain donations, then she will be forced
to either close up and let someone else take care of 40+ shelter ferrets
and their medical needs and their expenses and their mental well-being (are
you volunteering?); or, she can pursue the matter in court in order to be
able to continue caring for the ferrets.

>... I personally would like to hear their side of the story before things
>are turned over to "a legal matter" and I hope that the money for a lawyer
>is not being taken from ferret related donations since this seems to
>somewhat be a personal matter.

I'm confused.  You think this is a personal matter, but you want to hear
both sides?  If you knew Kim at all, you would know that not only would she
never go to a shelter fund for attorney fees, but she also pays most of her
vet bills *without* the assistance of SOS, because of issues like this.
Kim strives to avoid any appearance of impropriety, but, because she
doesn't fit in with the political powers that be, she gets attacked anyway.

>... What about these ferrets that are out there?  They get pushed aside
>because of personal differences and I'm fed up.  Personalities aren't
>what's important here.  That's not why shelters get started.

Let me guess -- you haven't visited Kim's website, have you?  You haven't
seen the pictures from the Christmas rescue, have you?  If you had, then
you would know beyond a doubt that the *ferrets* are all Kim cares about.

>... Who cares what other people think of you if you are making a
>positive difference. ...

Well, I would think the ferrets care, since they're the ones who could lose
a home, or food, or vet care, if Kim can't keep the shelter operating.
Isn't your whole point that the focus should be on the ferrets?

Crystal, you sound very young, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt
here, and take your letter as sincere, just mis-guided.  I suggest you do
a little research before jumping in the middle of something.  If you truly
are so very focused on the welfare of ferrets, you would be standing in
staunch defense of the KistaFerret Shelter.

Joanne