From:
"Tara L. Elmore" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:34:05 -0800
My male ferret, Rickie (5 years old, almost 6) recently got over a bad bout
of ECE and has been doing well for the past few weeks - gained his weight
back (and then some), fur has gotten fluffy and healthy again, and has been
active.  However, tonight when I came home from work, he woke up to greet
me and I noticed that his hind legs kept slipping out from under him.  I
thought he might just be having trouble waking on the wood floors, but
then I noticed it was happening ALOT, even on the rug.  After awhile he
began walking really funny- kind of on his tippy toes (trying to keep his
balance?).  He wasn't up for more than 30 minutes and then he decided to
pestering him until he got up and played with her.  He seemed a little
better but was still very shakey and shivering (more so than when he
normally wakes up).  I can't get him to the vet until Mon and I have no
idea what is wrong with him.  I'm wondering if maybe he's having a relapse-
his poops are fine, etc, but when he first got ECE his first symptoms were
weak hind legs, not the icky poops.  He's only been over it since
Christmas.  Is it possible that he's not completely over it?  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated.  You can email me privately if you wish.

Thank you,
Tara, Rickie, Princess, and Miss L.S. (at the Rainbow)