From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:22:35 -0500
Dear Chris:

>My ferret Buddy, has a diaper rash (urine scalding) below her rectum and
>on both her legs.  We have tried/are trying Desitin, petroleum jelly, Bag
>Balm, and Panalog.  Is there anything else I can try, since none of these
>is having very rapid results?  (One problem with the Desitin is that she
>licks, so I can't use that as often as I'd like, but I hate to put her in
>a collar.)

Actually, you'd never keep her in a collar, anyway.  More improtant than
what to treat with, is why does she have the rash - soemtimes it is more
important to treat the cause, and the symptoms will disappear.

No product will have rapid results in this situation without addressing
the primary problem.  I can list a number of other ointments to try, but
without knowing more about the problem (and a picture is always helpful
in these cases), I'm afraid none will give you the relief you want.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, dVM