From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 16:14:14 EST
HI everyone!!
I won the cobra tag beanie that Bruce Gaylord auctioned off!!  I'm shocked.
I never win anything really.  And what's more anyone can tell you I wished
for this beanie so much that I actually named him when he came out.  I
always called him "Cobra Kai"!  Funny, I actually could have gone to ebay
or somewhere, but never did.  Isn't it wonderful how things work out?  I
mean the xmas ferrets get money (mo money mo money from me lolol), and
everytime our family looks on this cutie...we will have the sweet memory
of how he was obtained.  By the way... I donate my money to Kim at Kista
Ferret Shelter. :)

Bruce sent Cobra Kai out immediately.  He and I were anxiously awaiting
Sean and Chets reaction.  Well who knew my maucho NJ hubby..da big mush...
Carpet Shark Scott would be the one to watch?!  He spent much of the night
and next morning on the phone calling everyone reading the tag over, and
over, and over, etc..  He is all wanting some special case for it don't ya
know.  If he does I will have on the case "in memory of the xmas ferrets".

Chet, my twelve year old... burst out in giggles over that poem.  I thought
I would be met with a preteen reaction such as, "Woa, cool!!  That is like
so bad mom".  It was very cute.

Sean, Rocky's human, had to get past the fact that this ferret beanie is
"softer" than all our other normal ferret beanies.  He is!!  His fur all
goes the same way making him "softer" by George!  Then I was met with a
grin through the freckles with dimples.  You see Sean is a skinny little
fella..but now has dimples like Rocky.  He wanted to be like Rocky so he
now grins very "oddly" making dimples.  I knew autistics mimics humans but
this is ridiculous!  lol.

Bruce was a sweetie and was kind and thoughtful enough to include a little
extra in the package...ok well a lot extra in my eyes.  He included a
specially wrapped cheweasil for Rocky.  He also included a Disney kind of
beany for Sean/ferrets.  Sean confiscated it after sharing it with Rocky.
lol.  Its on his bed.  He sat and held Rocky for a long time letting Rocky
chew on his treat.  It was late, and it was time for all to go to bed at
this point, so Sean put Rocky in his cage.  When Rocky dropped it in the
cage Ping grabbed it.  I was met with shrill cries from Sean.  But then I
explained that Rocky didnt' mind (he really didn't), and that Ping was his
"brother" and that ferrets like to share a lot (they do!).  I had done a
session with Seans class with the ferrets... showing them and teaching them
how polite ferrets are and how well they share compared to other animals
(including us lol).  He quieted right down and was happy. :)

ever notice how polite ferrets are by the way?  Anyway... Thank you thank
you thank you Bruce.

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/