From:
James and Cindi Darr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 14:25:32 -0700
We took our Barry to see Dr. Richard Funk in Mesa, Az.  yesterday.  We were
almost ready to proceed with surgery since he had gotten so tired and bald.
Dr. Funk recommended and performed an abdominal ultrasound.  Barry had a
huge mass on the right adrenal (the most difficult side to remove) and a
large mass on the left adrenal.  Due to Barry's age, we will not pursue
surgery.  He did receive his initial dose of Lupron IM and we will see
how he does in 3/12 weeks and go from there.

I cried most of the day and woke up crying this morning.  Gee.

I moved a cage outdoors, and he is getting sun, treats, and more spoiled
out there.  It is 76 degrees here today, and he has been so cold with his
fur loss that he likes to bask in the warm sun.

I am wondering.....how does the disease end?  What do I look for?  What's
next?  Will he die naturally and not in pain or will I have to euthanize
him?  Can anyone give me feedback?

Thanks.

Is there is ferret shelter near Phoenix?  We are looking for an
approximately 2-3 year old blind ferret for a companion to a 2 year old
blind female we have now.  She will miss her Barry.