From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 21:54:43 -0600
>From:    Doug M <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret walks in the leaves
>
>I dragged him thru the leaves, he pulled me the other direction.  When I
>finally sat down, he stayed on my lap.  Or crawled to my shoulder.  I set
>him down again, only to begin the routine over again..why doesn't he want
>to play in the leaves?  I hear most do.  He is a lone ferret.  I've been
>thinking of getting him a playmate.

Doug - I have six ferrets and one of them, Roo, does not like to be outside
at all.  Only if it is a warm (not hot) day, will she snuffle through the
grass, but only for a couple of minutes...then she tries to frantically
climb up my leg to get me to pick her up and bring her inside.  I took four
of my fuzzies (on harnesses) one day to the park and they all had a blast
except for her...she ran straight for her pet carrier and stayed in there
the whole time.  Don't worry, some are just more comfortable in their own
element in the house.  You mentioned you were thinking about getting your
little one a playmate.  My own personal experience and opinion is that,
that is a good idea (with the exceptions I list below).  When I first got
Tango, he was by himself for quite a while...he did fine on his own...but
when fuzzy math struck and we brought home Chico....they instantly bonded
and are the best of buddies.  It was comforting to know that when I was at
work that he was not so lonely and had someone to snuggle with and play
with.  Of course, fuzzy math struck again and I ended up with two more.
There is nothing more enjoyable than watching them all play together,
jumping on each other, wrestling, dooking and having a great time.  I would
suggest only getting another fuzzy if you can afford it.  Remember, there
will be added expenses....vaccinations, food, litter, medical care, etc.
So, if you feel you cannot financially provide for another one it is not a
good idea.  Also, do you live in an apartment?  And if you do...does your
landlord know you have one already...what would he do if he found out you
had two?  Just a thought...I would hate to see you have to part with them
because of living arrangements.

>Subject: Dearest Sonny....

Pat, your story brought tears to my eyes at work...it's a good thing I was
in early this morning and no one saw me crying.  I have two ill fuzzies
right now who I spend extra time with because i'm not sure how much time
they actually will stay with me and each day is a blessing that we have
together.  I cuddle, kiss & hug all my fuzzies every day...I give them all
extra special attention, more so than I ever used to...their lives are too
short.

Sandee - I'm sorry to hear about your little brother passing...I am glad
that he is no longer feeling ill and helping you out at the Rainbow
Bridge....I am sure he missed you very much and is happy to see you.

Fuzzy hugs and kisses to all!
Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah