From:
Kristeen Kohrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:20:15 -0500
I guess I should consider myself "lucky" that my crew has only pooped out
two hairballs over the last month and nothing went flying out of either
end.  How do I know I found hairballs?  When I did my evening poop
scooping, I saw something a poop that didn't look normal so I took it out
of the ferret room so I could dissect it.  Cut it apart with a pair of
scissors and sure enough, it was all hair...

Checked in the ferret medical reference books and it looked just like the
pictures.  In layman's terms, according to my sister, it looked like a
roach - what's left of a marijuana cigarette --- that's why I stopped
carrying it around in a zip lock bag in my purse.  Even though I wanted
to educate everyone.  I think I will bring it with us to ferret shows and
education days at PetCo/Petsmart though - so we can really educate new
ferret owners on why they need to keep up with the laxatone!

--
Kristeen, JT,
Katie, Matt & Al