Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:15:08 -0700
From:
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]>
After reading all the information from Dr. Williams on IBD I confess I'm
still confused.  Chico, a three year old male was diagnosed with IBD by
biopsy almost a year ago.  As we don't see cases of ECE in Alberta I'm
guessing that he most likely has the Helicobacter infection.  Since he's
been diagnosed Chico has been on prednisone (actually pedia-pred).  Several
times we've tried weaning him off it but within two to three weeks the
symptoms come back.  Right now he's on .5ml every other day which seems
to be working.  If this is Helicobacter infection should we be using a
different course of treatment and if so would this make the infection go
away so he no longer has to take the prednisone?

Barbara Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President