Date:
Sun, 18 Feb 2001 11:25:11 -0800
Howdy fellow Fuzzy lovers!

I'm coming out of lurk mode because Kym Zorn Long asked us to!

I don't post often at all, maybe 4 times in the past 5 years, and most of
the time anonymous due to where I live!  I just usually lurk, sometimes
I will answer questions personally if I have something to add that may
benefit the asker.  I lurked here for 6 months before I took the plunge
and adopted 3 "throw away" 3 year old ferts in 1996.  I lost them to old
age and cancer last year and I miss them terribly.

I now have 4 that I love dearly, Annie, Podo, Dusty, and Taz, all rescues.
Because of a new friend on here, I have a new and more knowledgeable vet
that helped me save poor Taz who got sick/stressed as soon as he came.  I
learned how to give him sub q fluids and we bonded very tightly.  He sleeps
with me, gives me the longest nose kisses!!  He is so very sweet!!  Of
course all of them are!

I have learned every thing from the FML!  I found the Ferrets Anonymous
and the CDFA on here.  I have learned how to take better care of my
furchildren, learned to give them Benadryl before their shots, learned to
trick them with ferretone so I could cut their nails, learned how to spot
illness quicker, and how to play with them better.  I learned they changed
the Iams kitten fomula and now I feed my babies Totally Ferret.  (Boy is
there fur soft and luxurious now!) I also found out that ferret tails do
smell like grape koolaid!  I learned of the new Ferrets for Dummies book
and bought it.  And I have laughed so hard at Wolfy and Rebecca Stout's
stories!!  I can't wait to read the FML every morning so I can start my
day with a laugh.  I feel I know alot of you, but you never knew I was
eavesdropping.  ;->

I have met Bob Church, CJ from 24 Carat Shelter, April Gallaty when she
came to La Jolla, Randy Horton when he came thru on his way to Long Beach,
Robin who also does rescue, and people from the FA and CDFA.  Wonderful
people that I loved meeting!  I would love to meet more of you!  I hope
you decide to do the Las Vegas meeting, then I can come and meet you all
in person.

Even Dr. Williams helped me by answering my ferret health questions.  I
will miss him posting to the FML, as I have missed Bob Church.  Shame on
you who drove them away!

I have really enjoyed reading about all the other ferret owned people who
have tatoos.  Yes, I have one too, a flower on my back, upper shoulder,
that I got years ago before I was ferret owned.  I would love to get
another one of a ferret on my ankle.

So, can't we all just get along??  We are here for the love of the ferrets,
so let's all stop bickering and get on with the sharing of information of
and for the ferrets.

Fuzzy hugs,
BattyPatty and the 4 outlaws