From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2001 03:10:17 -0500
Greetings to all,

Hate to break out that time-tested line, but how true that you don't know
what you have until it's gone.  Dr. Williams has decided that he no longer
wishes to post on the FML .  Just two days ago my husband and I were
talking about Dr. William's dedication to ferrets, and his seemingly
endless supply of patience, care, and support.  This list has over 3,000
members, (please correct me if I'm wrong, BIG), and many of us do not post
even in a free forum such as this.

Dr. Williams answered questions, provided insight, and tried to address the
many problems sent to him absolutely gratis.  He could easily have charged
for his information, but instead he took the time out of his day to respond
and help.  Really, just take a look at the volumes of responses he wrote .
That's a very major time commitment !  Most of us would honestly admit that
we would not do this......jobs, kids, etc., just regular daily life ,
hence, no time !  Think about it.

So, he's off the FML.  Please, no flames .  He's done enough for all of us.
I have never had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Williams, but I respect his
decision and wish him continued success and happiness.

Also, I have received several emails in response to my plea for hammocks.
Thanks to you all !  Another example of how well this community bands
together.  This is literally a lifeline, and very precious .

Let's try harder, shall we ?  It would be a huge blow to lose more people
to intolerance and anger.  We can ALL do better.

So, here's my challenge .  If you're reading this, you subscribe to the FML
for some reason.  I challenge you to post positive experiences you've had
with this list.  Granted , we don't live in a bucolic world, but it's the
worst of life that leaves a jagged imprint on your soul.  It's not easy
to think of good times when all the bad is forefront in your head.

Challenge : Has the FML brought you some good ?  If so, let's hear it.

All the best,

Kym Zorn Long
Wayward Weasel Ferret Rescue
1800 Shady Lane