From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 06:39:24 -0800
I was going to wait until my daughter, Victoria, finished the paper, but
considering the outcome of the Loving Shelter fiasco, I thought Kim might
need a little reminder of what she does do and how it affects people.

My 10 year old daughter brought home a writing assignment this past
Tuesday.  The topic - a local hero.  They gave the outline for how to
write a report - introduction, 3 paragraphs describing why the person is
a hero and closing summary paragraph.

Anyone want to guess who my daughter picked as her hero?  Was it the Fire
Chief who she has known most of her life - no.  How about a good friend of
mine who is a police officer and was honored for pulling a drowning girl
from a river after it overflowed?  Nope, not him either.  How about her
favorite teacher, no, no, no.... Her grandfather, a Korean War vet - no.
Her hero was Kim Rushing of KiSta.  Kim - you might feel that you did not
do enough and regardless of what everyone tells you, you'll still find some
way to think you could have done just a little more to stop Linda.  But,
take it from the honest, innocent mind of a child, you are a hero.  You
are a hero to Tori and every ferret that has ever come through your door...
take a look at Puck in his cage all comfy and well fed, and tell him you
failed... If not for you, where would he be?

Hugs,
Jen