From:
Aengus Luker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:08:43 -0800
I went to a Petco here in Vegas, and was amazed at something!

The cage was roomy and clean.  The bedding was Yesterday's News, the litter
was high quality.  The boxes (you can tell) were changed regularly.  There
were toys, hammocks, igloos.  Lots of good food, lots of good water.  And a
medium sized pile of babies, not too young, not too old.

While I was looking, one of the employees came over to change the litter
and make sure all was well.  I asked and picked up a tiny albino, and
notice a very large, gross, distended rectum.

I brought it to the attention to the employee, and the girl literally
(gently) took the ferret, and immediately RAN to the Manager.  Cuddling
the poor baby with tears in both their eyes, they immediatly began calling
emergency vets!  They got ahold of one, advised they were coming in, and
left.  Other employees took over immediately by word of the Manager.  The
time sence I noticed to the time that they left was LESS THAN 5 MINUTES!

It was amazing!  This Petco did such a great job!  I just wanted to share
this, and say that not all Petco's are evil!

Aengus