Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 07:12:05 -0500
Jasper was my bilateral adrenal guy who was not doing well.  His BUN level
was at 116 when I had his electrolytes/chems tested.  I had him at the vets
from last wednesday til monday to try subq fluids to flush him.  On Friday
his level was at 75.  When I went and saw him on Sat, he did not look good
at all, but we were still hopefull.  Monday when I called to check on him
and the said the Dr. wanted to talk to me, I knew it was not good.  His
BUN was back in the 90's even after 6 days of fluids.  I made that
heartbreaking decision to not let him suffer anymore.  His Dr. said maybe
we could try more, but I knew it was not fair to him even though I wanted
more time with him.

I brought him home so he could see his home again & to say goodbye to his
buddies.  When he first got home he actually had a bit of pep in him and
got into some mischief in the livingroom.  My SO kept asking me if I was
sure, cause look at him exploring!  I guess you are never really sure are
you?  We took some pictures of him, and in some of them you can see the
old Jasper looking out.  By the time we had to go back you could see it in
his face.  He was tired, his little body wanted to rest.  I put him on his
snuggle sack and got some pics of his buddies saying goodbye.  On the car
ride he sat in his sack with his head sticking out, calm & quiet.  He was
always such a good boy.  I told him how much I loved him, and how sorry I
was.  It is hard not to feel like I failed him.

I gave him a few cheerios before his shot, and after his shot he had a last
lick of ferretone and was gone.  It was very peaceful.

I love all my fuzzies, but Jasper went a little deeper in my heart.  You
hate to admit it, but sometimes one of them touches you more.  I think with
the past month especially with the feedings, vet visits, etc.  it brought
me even closer.  He wasn't even 3 years old.  I am having him cremated and
bought the little urn with the ferret figurine on it from The Ferret Store,
so he will always be with me.  I told my SO that if I died before him, I
want all the little urns placed with me.

Sorry about the long post, & Dr. Williams I appreciated your replys, I have
kept all the info I have gathered, but I hope I never need it.

Prayers & thoughts to all you have sick fuzzies or have recently (or not
recently) lost fuzzies.

  ~Amy~ & The 3 Fuzzy of Butts with Jasper watching over