From:
Pat Scherschel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:56:43 EST
I know that I should have written this much sooner but it seems that time
gets away from me.  I just can't keep up with it anymore.  You don't
suppose I'm getting old, do you?  <g>

The week before last, my friend, Sandi from Texas, emailed me a post from
a person looking for and finding a vet in Fort Wayne, Indiana that could
perform a right adrenal surgery on her boy, Socks.  Sandi forwarded it to
me because I don't read the FML like I should or keep up with it.  You see,
the vets mentioned are my vets.

To make a long story short, I emailed Rebecca and told her everything I
knew about the vets who would be doing the surgery on her little boy.  I
practically worship the ground they walk on so needless to say I relieved
her mind about not knowing them.

I called Rebecca on the Friday before his surgery and we talked forever.
She lives about 3 hrs away from me.  It seemed like we had known each other
for years.  Isn't it funny how we ferret people are.  I arranged to take a
1/2 day off on the following Tuesday so that Rebecca wouldn't have to go
through it alone in unknown territory.  I told her to sit in "my" corner.
I have had so many surgeries on my kids over the years that I practically
have a corner set aside with my name on it.  (Actually there is only one
corner) The clinic staff is like family.

You all already know that the surgery went very well and that Rebecca is
very pleased with the outcome and how everything was handled.  I feel that
I have made a new friendship that will hopefully last a very long time.  I
can't wait until April when she brings her little girl, Fang, back up for
her adrenal surgery.  I just wish it was for different reasons.  At least
Rebecca will know that Fang will be in good hands.

I guess I just wanted to say after all of this rambling that maybe this
will show everyone here just how important this list is.  If it hadn't been
for the FML, Rebecca would have made that trip and not known just how good
the vets were whose hands her little boy, Sock's life, was in.  We both,
wouldn't have made new friends and no one else would have known that there
are vets in Indiana who do successful surgeries on ferrets.

I get disgusted with all the wars that go on occassionally on all the
ferret boards and lists.  But when it is all said and done, ferret people
love, respect and care about one another.  It is because of these precious
little angels that we have come together to help, listen and understand
what each one goes through.  We laugh, we cry and we vent.  But we love.
A love for these earth angels that cannot be beat down or surpassed because
of unkind words or hard feelings.

God bless all of you for loving these little ones that God has given us.
Definitely for too short of a time, but nonetheless, a love from them that
cannot be equaled.

Pat and the Fabulous 15.