Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 09:22:36 -0500
It's been almost 4 weeks since we got ECE.  I'm writing with new concerns
about Chloe. She is 4-5 years old, weighed 1.75 at her weightiest, is now
1 pound.

A week ago, she seemd like she was feeling better, diarrhea was improved,
and she was starting to eat more and without protest.  In the past couple
of days she is eating only small amounts and with a lot of struggle, and
has VERY watery light brown diarrhea several times a day.  Yesterday she
had sub-q fluids; i thought that would perk her up but it didn't.  Her
little anus is protruding slightly; after her first meal today she acted
like she wanted to throw up, but she didn't produce anything.

I've been giving her carafate & pepto 10-15 minutes before eating &
offering/insisting on warmed up chicken baby food many times a day.

More advice would be very welcome.

---Sharin