From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:23:59 -0500
Hi All,
Alicia at Ferret Wise here-- we just placed the little gal #13 last night
(chocolate blaze MF) with a family and older female ferret.  They got along
famously this afternoon-- and no squabbles even in the carrier.  The little
one is now named BLAZE!  They are a mom, dad and 3 boys ( her family) all
were present at audition today.  The boys are ages 8, 11 & 13 and all were
wonderful.  Mom was able to sit back relax and watch all the integration
processes without speaking once to her two legged kids!  A good feeling
for me!

The Dad found an abandoned bald ferret last March-- fed & nursed it back--
now it is furred though showing a touch of sparse-- but he has vet checked
her-- ad left with magazines, books, food samples, treats in a huge plastic
bag-- so he will have even more information !

The little Blaze gal was exuberant war dancing and playing with everyone,
and very gentle around her new friend.  I am looking forward to good
reports on this match.

In other happenings - Chester formerly # 17 had his rabies vaccination
today without a hitch.  He is afraid of people and keeps retreating under
furniture etc when out in his new home.  I hope he breaks out of the
re4cluse stage soon as he has a wonderful family & home with 2 other
ferrets.  His Mom is the lady who a year ago sewed the ferret wall quilts
for the shelter!

This Am-- the bad news is #24 ( maybe #18 the files are in the shelter- I
am in the office- DEW 2.5 year old gal) soon to be known as June II well, I
caught her vomiting this AM at cage check-- I had been seeing little blobs
from time to time -- I caught her in the act.  She was slated for adrenal
surgery in the future -- so I authorized an exploratory / adrenalectomy
today rather than wait until Monday and have her health drop .  So at noon
I left her at the vets -- they will call & I will do all the post op here .
I believe she has a hair ball in the gut - her hair is brittle and she is
balding-- a few prayers would do wonders for me-- ( her too) I will let
you all know how we fair!

alicia
at Ferret Wise!

www.ferretwise.org