From:
"Clifford MartinJr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:45:51 -0500
Hello.  My hubby and I are new parents of 3 adopted shelter babies from
Debbie Scott.  We got to handle and play and watch them play and Oh it was
a blast.  We had been eyeing the ferrets in the local pet store and when
hubby was finally won over we discussed the pro's and cons of adopting and
all.  But we wanted to share out home with needy ferrets than to buy one
from a pet store.  After many searches and lots of research we found Ms.
Scott.  We went to visit and found 3 we could not decide (we planned on 2
so they could play together) and ended up with the three.  She she talked
about the care and feed and vaccines, the works.  She even sent us home
with 2 stacks of papers to read on.  (one suggested this list as did Ms.
Scott) Our babies are still with her until we get the cage we ordered then
we can go pick them up.  I am SO excited and look forward to learning more
from the stories on this list.  I hope to keep these babies with me for a
long long time so I need to learn how to spot such things as the adrenal
probs early on.  I've read up on ECE and I contacted my dog/cat vet to see
if they do handle ferret cases and they do.( THis I had done before we went
to Ms. Scott's) My main concern is will the ferrets go after my birds and
should I just make the birds a room of thier own to prevent any harm?

Looking forward to all your posts and so sorry for all the lost babies out
there.  (they are all babies to me no matter the age)

Thanks
Jamie and Skip (my hubby)