From:
"Aileen N." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 07:10:06 -0800
This weekend my fiance & I stopped by PetCo to look at collars for our
puppy (he is rapidly outgrowing every one he's had).  While there I decided
to check in on the ferrets like I always do.  I just want to make sure they
are OK (food, water, healthy).

The enclosure that this particular PetCo has is an octagonal-shaped glass
enclosure (like an enormous aquarium) with a partition down the middle.
On one side are ferrets and on the other side are chinchillas.  This has
always bothered me (hey ferret, look at all these juicy prey items over
here), but this time I saw something kind of cute.

A sweet little chocolate sable baby ferret had his little paws up on the
glass, standing on his hind legs.  On the exact opposite side, with his
paws positioned exactly where the ferret's were, was a chinchilla standing
on his hind legs.  They were staring at each other like they were totally
engrossed in the other's face (cross-species love?).  The chin's nose was
twitching like crazy.  It was pretty adorable.

=====
Aileen & the Herd
The Ferrets: Slinky, Kyle, Noel, & Toby
The Dogs: Rootie the beagle & Tank the GSD/basset
Still missing Sandy & Gizmo. We love you.

Check out the Herd's website at: http://www.geocities.com/anippy