From:
Tunde Hadnagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 17:35:44 +0100
Hello everyone,
I live in Europe and I am on the list for only a few months, but I've been
collecting information about ferrets for almost two years.

Today I bought a 3 month old whole male kit.  He is my first ferret.  After
we brought him home, we let him out to let him discovering his territory.
There were four people sitting on the floor, not moving and talking
quietly.  He came to us and smelled us.  For ten minutes it was okay.
But then he smelled again a female friend's hand and then without any
reason he bit her and held on.  Making him release her hand was very
difficult.  The bite was so bad that her hand bleeded.

Since then this little guy has gone crazy.  If he comes near you and smells
you, he bites you.  We do not irritate him at all, but he attacks.  We have
to wear leather gloves.  Everyone has at least one wound on their hand.  We
feel very sad and disappointed.  I suspect that he has never been handled
at all.  In the pet shop he was friendly and bit only softly.  Now he is
very rough.  Believe me, it is not only nipping, it is really hard biting
and holding on without any reason.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Is there any hope to turn this little furious guy into a nice pet or will
he remain an untrustworthy creature forever?  At the moment I am afraid of
my own pet.

Please HELP!

Tunde from Hungary