From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:51:55 -0500
Dear Tanya:

>Another question I graciously ask your opinion on is soy protein.
>Included with Snickers softened food, I have been supplementing her with
>a liquid diet of First Born Formula (used for nursing kittens) diluted
>with soy protein (milk) and water.

As you state that this is not the staple of your ferrets' diets, and is
only an additive, there is no problem with a small amount of soy milk.  Soy
milk does not contain lactose, as does traditional forms of milk, so will
not result in the diarrhea that we so often see when ferrets are given cow
milk.  I don't think that there is a problem here at all.

But I should reiterate, it should not be a major compnent of a ferrets
diet.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM