Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:33:51 EST
There are an awful lot of FML's I have missed, but I read about a number
of ferrets being saved in New Jersey, I believe.  For some reason today,
I could not stop my mind from wandering to the Greater Chicago Ferret
Association.  Here they are with only a few volunteers, and 70 to over 100
ferrets to care for every day.  There is no scramble to divide them up and
get 20 or 30 of them to another location.  This 70 to 100 ferrets-many of
whom come down with ECE -- is what a few volunteers have to care for every
single day for years.

My thanks to all of you at this shelter for the miracles that you perform
for all of those ferrets.  Patty, Norm, Mary, Donna, and "lurker mode off,"
and the very few others who have such an enormous task each and every day.

Thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for all the toil, syringe
feedings, surgeries, working with biters, and all the sick old ferrets I
know you bring home with you..  Not much glory in it.  Not in this life.
But you surely have my admiration and sincere gratitude.  I am sorry I do
not say it more often.

Lisette